Modern compact car buyers are blessed. Almost every one of them is appealing in one way or another, and most boast multiple competencies. The 2020 Hyundai Elantra is among them, available in four-door sedan and five-door hatchback (Elantra GT) configurations. Last redesigned for 2017, the Elantra is one of the oldest designs in the segment. But don’t let that deter you from a test drive. A freshening for the 2019 Elantra Sedan brought revised styling and upgraded technology, while the Elantra GT added a new N-Line sport-tuned variant. Now, changes for the 2020 Hyundai Elantra sedan include a new transmission and more standard equipment, including Hyundai SmartSense safety technologies. The Elantra GT is unchanged for 2020.
- You want it? The Elantra’s got it.
- Literally, a Cute Design
- Nearly Mid-Size Room at Compact Price
- All the Infotainment You Need
- Safety Comes Standard
- Three Engines, New “Intelligent” Transmission
- The Elantra Sport is fun. The others, not so much.
- A Wealth of Choice in the Cheap Car Segment
- We recommend the Elantra but look forward to the future.